Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Lemony Lemon Coconut Cake....YUM!

Good Morning!  I just had to share this amazing Lemon Coconut Cake.

I made this for our Birthday Bash at church a few weekends ago. It was so good I keep thinking I need to make another one. Such a sweet bright fresh taste to it.

I just used a vanilla (white) cake mix and in stead of oil I used apple sauce...I do that for all my cakes..and in stead of the water I used fresh squeezed lemon juice and grated some lemon rind in it also. I guess you could use a lemon cake mix but I didn't want the fake lemon flavor playing with the real lemon. Trust me...you don't need a lemon cake mix for this...it was so lemony and delicious! I added a little food color paste to make it yellow.         I made it as a bundt cake and for the icing I used more lemon juice, lemon rind and powdered sugar...OMG...the icing was so good I finished what was in the bowl. I could put that icing on anything and eat it..yum! :)   I then added sweetened coconut over the cake to make it prettier...:) 

It was so tasty...I think I will make one for Easter...I will have to leave the coconut off because my kids and grandkids won't touch it if it has coconut. Crazy kids...;)


 Yummy.......enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment